What Is Personal Information
This Policy applies to the personal information of Valiant’s customers and people who deal with Valiant. It does not apply to the personal information of our employees, or to information that is not personal information.
Valiant regards personal information as information that is about you that applicable law classifies as personal information. It does not include anonymous information, aggregated information or information no longer identifiable to a specific person.
Why We Collect Personal Information We collect personal information to assist in administering our business, including to:
- confirm identification
- assess credit worthiness
- provide leasing and/or financing services to you
- promote our leasing and/or financing products
- administer our lease/finance portfolio, including enforcing the terms of products you may have with Valiant
- for other purposes, with your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
How Do We Collect Your Information
We collect your information during your interaction with Valiant, including from:
- Applications you make for our products and services
- Your interactions with our staff
- Your interactions with our website and mobile applications
- From Third Parties, such as credit reporting agencies
What Kind Of Information Do We Collect
We collect personal information such as:
- Contact information
- Date of birth
- Social insurance number
- Financial information
We use social insurance numbers for identification purposes only. We collect these numbers at the option of the customer; they are not required to complete a credit application.
Who We Share Your Information With And Why
We do not sell information about our customers to others. Your personal information is a vital part of our ongoing business relationship with you.
We will only disclose personal information, on a confidential basis, to:
- Our agents
- Service providers
We share this information to:
- Complete and administer transactions initiated by you
- If the personal information forms part of an asset or a business that we sell or assign;
- To protect and enforce the rights and property of Valiant
- To credit rating organizations;
- For fraud prevention or the reduction of the risk of fraud;
- If the disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- If you request or consent to the disclosure.
Safeguards and Security
Valiant provides appropriate physical, technological and organizational measures to safeguard and protect your personal information including:
- Storing your information within a secure environment
- Limiting employee access to personal information to those employees that have a business reason to know that information
- Employee training regarding Valliant’s privacy commitments
We use Google Remarketing to advertise to you on other website. Google’s Adwords remarketing system will store a cookie on your computer when you visit our website. After visiting our website, when you visit other websites that are part of Google’s advertising network, our ads could appear to you because you have already visited our website previously. This allows us to remind you about our great services and products.
If you wish to not participate in our Google Adwords Remarketing, you are free to opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
We use Google Analytics to help us track user actions on our website. Google Analytics can collect non-personal information such as cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information. Google Analytics does not collect your personal information.
If you do not wish to be tracked by Google Analytics you may opt out by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Questions and Concerns?
Valiant is committed to continuous improvement and values your input. We welcome your comments and suggestions on improving our Policies. If you would like to make suggestions, please fax us at: 604.424.8507 or by email at: email@example.com